Health Benefits of SURYA YANTRASANA :
- Lengthens the backs of your legs, specifically the hamstrings and calves.
- Supports and opens the hips for similar standing postures, such as Bird of Paradise.
- Stretches the intercostals and shoulder of the upper arm.
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND CAUTIONS
- Not all bodies can support such rotation in the hip socket to femur bone connection. Practice according to your own skeletal system.
- Be mindful to ground into the pose and move slowly before extending the upper leg.
- Keep your feet flexed through the entirety of this pose to protect the knee joints.
- Not recommended for anyone with shoulder, hip, or hamstring injuries.
WATCH AND LEARN
How to do SUNDIAL Pose :